My Maiden Cricket Tour Diary: Day 5



Rediscovering Myself In Ground

January 07, 2012

Today was our fourth day in Mumbai. Now we are used to the conditions in Mumbai. When we left Jaipur the temperature was as low as 6 degrees celsius, in comparison, Mumbai is very pleasant, sunny and warm.

In the morning during our breakfast in our Hotel Restaurant, I was sitting in the corner with my plate. I was confined to my own thoughts when Azar Sir came up to me and asked me what’s bothering me? I told him that for the last two matches I have not been able to perform and feeling very dejected about that, so I am sitting in the corner. He told me that everyone goes through this kind of cycle or phase when things will not work according to your wishes but if you get dejected, things will never improve. You need to enjoy the moment, feeling and day; that is how you concentrate. He motivated me that there was nothing wrong with my techniques and he is confident that I will do well in the next game. He transformed my thought process completely. I was feeling very confident and was looking for the game now, Earlier I was withdrawing myself. As I have mentioned in the heading, I rediscovered myself today. Thanks to our coach Mr. Azar Ali for understanding and making us better sportsman and individual.  

Our Team Mate Kirti is doing much better now. We all miss his company during the game. Wishing him a speedy recovery and very best of health.

Now back to the game. Today was our 4th day and we are going to play at Indian Gymkhana ground. Indian Gymkhana was a new venue, awaiting new experiences in the field in both batting and bowling. And most likely we are going to play 20-20 game today. Moment we came to know about this, we all were very excited about it. Back in Jaipur we play more 20-20 game only. So, our technique and temperament is conditioned for that. Though, playing in longer version in Mumbai has taught us valuable lesson of cricket but for the moment it is our game and we play this version of cricket very well.

When we reached the ground we were happy to see a smaller ground but anxious to see that there was hardly any grass on the ground but the other facilities were up to mark. Immediately we were all in ground for our warm up and stretching exercise sessions. While we were warming up, toss took place and we were batting again. The playing eleven was getting announced and I believe I was the only confident player who thought that I will not be selected. But when I heard my name, I was delighted and promised that today I will put up a better performance.

At the time of the toss, we were informed that match will be of 25 over’s each. Me and Devvrat opened the innings for our team. Devvrat gave us the perfect start we could have imagined. He struck 2 fours in the first over itself. I was feeling very nervous in the beginning of my innings but I tried to hang in there in the initial period. Once I hit few balls from the middle of bat, I started to play my natural cricket. Till the time I was in the crease my confidence increased. Though, I got out at the score of 37 runs but today I learned that one needs to be patient and always have self believe on his ability to overcome unfavorable situations.

Highlight of our batting was splendid score of 98 runs Aniket and Siddharth cameo of 31 from 15 balls. Siddharth hit 2 sixes and 2 fours in the last 6 balls of our innings. And we carried our new found confidence in our fielding and we wrapped up our opponents and we won the game by 70 runs. Today our standout performer was Aniket with 98 runs and he took 2 wickets also and he was rightly adjudged as the Man of the Match of the game.  

After the match our whole team went to Juhu Beach and Chaupati to freak out. We enjoyed a lot there and many of us even got a temporary tattoo inked on our bodies. Today was a really awesome day.


Looking forward to tomorrow's last match!

Until my next keep rediscovering yourself everyday!
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data in Sports.

CIA player sharing his experience of participating in Inter House Tournament at Vissanji Academy

It is important to build the ‘Trust factor’ in Cricket